Monday 20 August 2012

Bottle Cap Jelo

Good day internets! I am back with the first amazing jello shot recipe. This is a fan favorite - so much so that it is requested at every birthday, UFC event, or other party I have people over for. It turns out an unusual color depending on which recipe you use, but it tastes unbelieveable!

Since my hubby and I argue over how a botle cap is made, I've done two separate recipes - my way and his way. Both are tasty. He was a bartender, and claims he always made a bottle cap as raspberry sourpuss, butter ripple schnapps, lime and seven up. I've always had it as raspberry sourpuss, root beer schnapps, lime and seven up. Either way, still tastes great.

Recipe #1: Butter ripple

Raspberry Jello
1 c boiling water
1/2 c raspberry sourpuss
1/2 c butter ripple schnapps
1 "dash" real lime*

Recipe #2: Root Beer

Raspberry Jello
1 c boiling water
1/2 c raspberry sourpuss
1/2 c root beer schnapps
1 "dash" real lime*

*Use the real lime juice (you know, it comes in the plastic lime shaped bottle) since it has very concentrated lime flavoring, so a small amount will add enough of a tang to make it worthwhile.

You can also modify it to use lime jello instead of the raspberry jello and skip the real lime juice altogether.

Happy shooting!!

No comments:

Post a Comment